Summer is almost here; and along with that comes plenty of memories to be made. Remember, you don’t have to visit an expensive, all-inclusive resort to have a memorable summer vacation! It is important to learn how to enjoy yourself while also being smart about your money.
Here are 5 ways you can save money on a summer vacation.
- Share a vacation rental with friends or family.
- Use coupons. Websites like Groupon offers great vacation deals!
- Fly on Tuesday or Wednesday when flights are usually cheaper; or pick a vacation spot that is within driving distance of your home.
- Avoid vacationing on holidays like Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day.
- Picnic. Sandwiches at the park are a fun and cheap alternative to eating out.
Most importantly, HAVE FUN and enjoy your summer!