Protect Yourself From Fraud
Your NC Community Credit Union is here to provide you with some tips on how to prevent fraud from happening. Here are some things to keep in mind to avoid mishaps with your personal information.
Keep Yourself Safe In Online banking
Do not share your NCCFCU Online Banking password with anyone. Sharing this information with another person or business can put your finances and privacy at risk. If anyone asks for your username and password to access your online banking account, hang up and report them to Your NC Community Credit Union.
A FEW THINGS TO CONSIDER:
- Avoid using a public computer to access online banking.
- Do not save your online banking password on a public computer.
- Please choose a password that you can remember, but it is harder for people to guess.
WHEN USING YOUR DEBIT CARD:
- Paying at the pump is very convenient, but there are some things to consider. Devices called “skimmers” can easily be installed in the card readers. Today’s skimmers are usually placed inside the pump and are almost impossible to detect. Once the skimmer has captured your information, it can be used by fraudsters to clone your card and use it.
- When using ATMs, be watchful for anything about the ATM that looks odd, or looks like someone may have tampered with it.
- Sign up for transaction alerts, with online banking, to monitor for unauthorized transactions.
- Review your accounts daily and report any discrepancies immediately.
- Before entering your debit card, credit card, or personal information, look for the lock icon on the left of the URL bar. This icon indicates that the site you are on is secure. If you do not see it, DO NOT input any personal information or card numbers.
- Never leave your personal computer unattended once you have signed into your NCCFCU online banking account.
- Always sign out of online banking when you are finished.
- If you are using an old version of Internet Explorer or an old browser provided, make sure you update it.
- If you have any questions, concerns, or need to report fraudulent activity, Contact NCCFCU.