EVER HAD A PAYMENT “BOUNCE” OR A CARD “DECLINE” DUE TO INSUFFICIENT FUNDS?
It was probably an honest mistake, a miscalculation on your part — but now you’re stuck. Overdraft Privilege can help save you the embarrassment from having various transactions- whether via ACH, check, ATM, or debit card – declined and provide a little extra cushion in your checking or savings account if unforeseen expenses arise. If you wish for us to pay these type of items, you must opt-in for this service. At this time we do not offer overdraft privilege for business checking account.
This type of overdraft protection provide a safety net if you:
- Make a mistake balancing your account and came up short of funds.
- Incurred unplanned expenses that drained your account.
- Did not receive a deposit when you were expecting it and needs funds for basic necessities.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT OVERDRAFTS AND OVERDRAFT FEES
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account or applying for a line of credit, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
- ATM transactions
- Every debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft created by a check or automatic bill payment, the item will be returned non-sufficient funds and you will be charged a $35 fee. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft created by an ATM or debit card transaction, the transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if NCCFCU pays my overdraft?
- We will charge you a fee of $35 each time we pay an overdraft.
- There is a maximum of 5 overdraft fees per day we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What if I want NCCFCU to authorize and pay overdrafts on my checks and ACH items only, or what if I want NCCFCU to authorize and pay overdrafts on all of my transactions (checks, ACH items, ATM and debit card transactions)?
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on checks and ACH items only, or if you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on all of your transactions (checks, ACH items, ATM and debit card transactions), call 919-734-8224 x. 5086, complete the form online below or stop by our Main Branch in person at 2401 E. Ash Street, Goldsboro, NC 27534.
What if I decide to revoke my opt-in at a later time?
You have the ability to revoke your opt-in at any time. NCCFCU is NOT obligated to return any fees incurred due to overdrafts prior to the revocation of your opt-in. To revoke your opt-in, call 919-734-8224 x. 5086, or visit our Main Branch in person at 2401 E. Ash Street, Goldsboro, NC 27534
Opt-In for Overdraft Privilege Online:
Fill in the form below and click submit. A member of our team will call you to confirm your contact information and send you an opt-in form via Docusign to sign.
*Click Here to read our Discretionary Overdraft Privilege Policy