- What does North Carolina Community Federal Credit Union do with your personal information?
- Financial companies choose how they share personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
- The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and income
- Account balances and payment history
- Credit history and credit scores
When you are no longer our member, we continue to share information as described in this notice.
- All financial companies need to share member personal information run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their member’s personal information; the reasons that North Carolina Community Federal Credit Union chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
Who is providing this notice?
- North Carolina Community Federal Credit Union
How does NCCFCU protect my personal information?
- To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does NCCFCU collect my personal information?
- We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
- Open an account or deposit money
- Pay your bills or apply for a loan
- Use your credit or debit card
We also collect your personal information for others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates or other companies.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
- Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- Sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes- information about your creditworthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing for non-affiliates to market to you.
State law and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
- Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies. NCCFCU does not have affiliates.
- Companies not related by common ownership and control. They can be financial and non-financial companies. Non-affiliates with which we share may include check printing firms, data processors, statement printing firms and other service providers.
- A formal agreement between non-affiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you. We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described in the above notice, to such companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
|Reasons we can share your personal information||DOES NCCFCU SHARE?||CAN YOU LIMIT THIS SHARING?|
|For our everyday business purposes- such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations or to report to credit bureaus.||Yes||No|
|For our marketing purposes- to offer our products and services to you.||Yes||No|
|For joint marketing with other financial companies.||Yes||No|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes- information about your transactions or experiences.||No||No|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes- information about your creditworthiness.||No||No|
|For non-affiliates to market to you.||No||No|
Other important information